Andalusian Gazpacho - (Gazpacho Andaluz)
Gazpacho or Andalusian gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw, blended vegetables.A classic of Spanish cuisine, it originated in the southern region of Andalusia. Gazpacho is widely eaten in Spain and Portugal, particularly during the hot summers, as it is refreshing and cool.
Servings 4 people
- 3 Tomatoes, red ripe coarsely chopped
- 2 Green peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 Garlic clove peeled
- 5 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Wine vinegar
- 2 slc Bread, white part only
- 4 cup Ice water
- 1 1/2 slc Toasted bread cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1. If you use a mortar, crush garlic with peppers and a little salt. Add chopped tomatoes and bread previously soaked in water and squeezed. When this is well mixed, gradually add olive oil while blending. Mix in 1/2 cup ice water when oil is completely absorbed. Pass through a sieve into a deep recipient, add vinegar and 3 1/2 cups ice water, season with salt to taste, and serve with cubes of toasted bread on top or in a bowl on the side.
- 2. If you use an electric blender, mix all ingredients simultaneously except ice water and cubes of toast. Blend on low speed for only a few seconds, then strain. Add ice water, check seasoning, and serve as described above.
Don’t miss Boeuf Bourgignon-recipe