This is such a versatile,adaptable recipe! You can use any combination of barbecue rub and sauce you like. Then rub recipe referenced is a great all-purpose blend that would go with any of the barbecue sauce recipes or any of your own creations. Making the sauce ahead of time makes these a snap!
Easy BBQ Wings in slow cooker
- 20 bone-in chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tbsp BBQ Dry-Rub Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 500 g BBQ sauce
- Rub the chicken wings with BBQ Dry-Rub Seasoning and salt.
- Place the wings in a 4-quart (3.8 liter) slow cooker. Pour Ѕ cup (125 g) BBQ sauce over the wings.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Transfer the wings to a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Broil for about 10 minutes on high, until the wings begin to turn golden brown in spots.
- Warm the remaining BBQ sauce if it is cold, and toss a cup of it withthe wings. Add the rest if you like them extra saucy.
- Serve hot.
BBQ Dry-Rub Seasoning
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder.
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne.
Don’t miss a new mediterranean recipe Zahlouk