Gluten free low carb. Banana-Nut Cookies with brown rice flour .
Gluten free Banana-Nut Cookies (brown rice flour)
Inspired by one of my favorite snacks ... banana bread. These cookies are an understated treat.MAKES ABOUT 40 COOKIES
- ⅓ cup oil (65gr)
- ½ cup sugar (100 gr)
- 1½ cups brown rice flour (185 gr)
- 1 egg
- 1 (4-ounce) jar Beech-Nut baby food bananas (stage 2), 105 grams
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans, 60 grams
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Very lightly grease a cookie sheet
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Beat well. Add the flour and beat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl at least once during mixing. Continue beating until the dough comes together; it will be soft.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared pan. With moistened fingertips, press them to ¼-inch thickness. The cookies will hold this shape during baking, so you can place the cookies close together on the pan.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Let cool on wire racks before serving.