Pancetta-wrapped trout fillets -recipe
Pancetta-wrapped trout fillets
Trout is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help maintain healthy cholesterol.
Servings 4 serves
- 75 g coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 75 g hazelnuts, chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 brown trout fillets* weighing about
100g (4oz) each
- 100 g thinly sliced pancetta
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Mix the breadcrumbs, hazelnuts, lemon zest, dill and half the oil, and season. Lay a trout fillet , skin-side down, on 4 pancetta slices. Scatter over a quarter of the hazelnut mixture and top with another trout fillet skin-side up, Wrap the pancetta around the fish and secure with cocktail sticks. Repeat with the remaining trout.
- Place in a roasting tin and squeeze over the lemon wedges and add to the roasting tin. Drizzle over the remaining oil and roast for 20 minutes until cooked through and the pancetta is crisp. Serve with a fresh green salad and roasted new potatoes.Per serving: 640 calories, 40g fat(Sg saturated),, 10g carbohydrate
COOK's TIP : When wild trout isn’t available, use farmed organic trout instead