Savory Salmon Chowder
If you are looking for an easy stew style recipe that not only tastes great, but that is incredibly filling, then you need to try this recipe out for yourself!
Servings 4 people
- 1 ½ pound Pound of Salmon, Wild Caught Variety
- ¼ cup Matzo Meal
- 6 oz Mortadella
- 4 cups Milk, Whole
- 3 Shallots, Finely Chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, Medium in Size and Finely Chopped
- 2 Leeks, Finely Sliced
- 2 Cups of Sugar Snap Peas, Finely Chopped
- ½ tsp Thyme, Dried
- ¼ tsp Rosemary, Crushed and Dried
- ¼ tbsp Chives, Finely Chopped
- he first thing that you will want to do is cook your mortadella in a large sized saucepan placed over medium heat. Once fully cooked transfer your mortadella to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Then pour out your drippings from your pan, but leaving a little bit for additional cooking use.
- In your leftover cooking drippings, add in your chopped shallots, dried thyme and dried rosemary to your pan next. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Sauté for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- After this time sprinkle your matzo meal over the top of your sautéed veggies then gradually add in your milk, making sure that you stir constantly to combine.
- Bring your mixture to a boil. Once boiling bring the heat down to a simmer and allow your mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes. Make sure that you stir often as it cooks.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and stir to evenly combine. Bring this mixture back to a boil and then reduce the heat back to a simmer. Season with some salt and pepper and continue to stir. Remove from heat.
- Serve your soup while it is still piping hot and enjoy.
How to Make Easy One-Pot Salmon Chowder
Don’t miss Easy Salmon Pasta Salad