Shrimp risotto recipe.
Perfect for a cold night, serve this as soon as it is ready
Perfect for a cold night, serve this as soon as it is ready. The ﬁsh Shrimp, or scallops
Servings 6 SERVES
- ⅓ cup
- 500 gr shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or ﬁnely chopped
leaves from 1 small bunch of ﬂat-leaf parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp
dry white wine
- 4 cup
ﬁsh or chicken stock
onion, ﬁnely chopped
- 420 gr
- Heat a third of the oil in a saucepan, and add the shrimp, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp turn pink. Pour in the wine and stir thoroughly. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl; set aside. Simmer the liquid in the pan for 2–3 minutes, until reduced by three-quarters. Add the stock and 1 1⁄4 cups water, and heat to boiling. Keep the mixture simmering.
- Heat half the remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 2–3 minutes, until soft but not brown. Add the rice, and stir until coated with oil. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is cooked but still has a bit of bite; it should take about 20 minutes
- Stir in the shrimp and remaining olive oil, and season. Spoon into warmed bowls, and serve immediately