Brown rice with pineapple and green onions- recipe
Green onions, ginger, crushed red pepper, and chopped pineap-ple combine with rice for a dish that’s a little spicy, a little sweet, and a lot delicious. It’s also a very pretty dish that transforms rice from side dish to sensational.
- 2 tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch green onions, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups finely chopped fresh or canned pineapple
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the green onions and ginger and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the crushed red pepper, sugar, soy sauce, and rice, stirring to mix evenly. Stir in the pineapple and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, to heat through, about 7 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
If not using right away, cover and refrigerate until needed, then reheat.